COVID-19 Update: Wellness Programs and Services *Please Read*
To help slow the spread of COVID-19, SSSEVA has suspended all office visits and in-person programming effective 3/17/20.
The most up-to-date information can be found on our COVID-19 Response Page.
We need your help now more than ever to provide nutrition, companionship, and essential resources to our seniors during this emerging pandemic.
To Our Seniors, Employees, Volunteers, and Support Personnel:
At this time, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at SSSEVA. The health and safety of our senior community is SSSEVA’s highest priority. Effective immediately, we are implementing the following changes to our program operations. Please read carefully.
- I-Ride Medical Rides: All I-Ride medical rides will be out of service for two weeks until further notice. Appointments for future medical rides will not be accepted or scheduled during this time.
- I-Ride Fixed Routes: All I-Ride fixed routes in Franklin, Smithfield and Norfolk are out of service for two weeks, until further notice.
- All SSSEVA offices are closed to the public for in-person service. Our Resource Specialist can assess your needs over the phone and connect you with SSSEVA’s Options Counselors and other resources you may need. Call 757-461-9481.
- For assistance in Franklin, you may call Anne Williams at 757-517-2904
Center for Aging
- Options Counseling, Medicare Benefits Counseling and Care Transitions will be available by phone appointment only. Until further notice, there will be no home or office visits.
- Medicare Benefits Counseling in Franklin, Suffolk, Isle of Wight and Southampton Counties will be available by phone appointment only. Please contact Sam Mizelle at 757-925-4255 for more information.
- Until further notice, Senior Companions will contact clients by phone in lieu of home visits.
- Meals on Wheels: Current Meals on Wheels clients will still receive home-delivered meals.
- Congregate Meals: All congregate sites are closed for 30 days tentatively. This includes transportation services to congregate meal sites. Nutritional support will be provided through SSSEVA’s Emergency Meal Program, as well as socialization through phone contact calls and wellness checks.
- Evidence-Based Program: All workshops are postponed for 30 days tentatively.
At this time, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at SSSEVA. The measures being taken are in the best interest of our seniors, employees, volunteers, and support personnel.
SSSEVA understands that the COVID-19 issue is primarily a cause for concern to older adults. We here at SSSEVA understand it may be a bit scary; Rest assured that we’re doing all we can to make sure you feel safe, comfortable and informed.
The measures being taken at this time are in the best interest of our seniors, employees, volunteers, and support personnel.