To provide seniors and their caregivers with access to programs and services so they may live their lives with choice and dignity in their communities.
Empowering Older Adults
We envision a community that empowers, respects, and values seniors and their caregivers.
Act with courage, Create trust, Exhibit respect, Deliver results
Equity in Aging
Our older adults deserve an equitable share of respect, support, consideration and finances as the rest of our community. That is health equity in aging. Learn more.
Believing that older adults are less valuable or of no interest to society contributes to ageism. Ageism is stereotyping, prejudice, and discriminatory actions based on ones age.
Examples of Ageism includes:
- Refusing to hire people over a certain age
- Viewing older adults as out of touch or less productive
- Treating family members as though they are invisible, unintelligent, or expendable
- Disregarding someone’s concerns or wishes due to their age
- Taking advantage for monetary gain
- Or using someone’s age as justification to undermine, deceive or control them