Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia is actively working to ensure the health and safety of its seniors and staff across all of our services.
Our leadership has prepared a comprehensive COVID-19 response plan, and we have implemented important changes to our program operations.
These changes include the following:
- We have partnered with Mercy Chefs, the YMCA, and the FoodBank to ensure our ability to serve the nutritional needs of our seniors. As a result, our Meals on Wheels clients are still receiving home-delivered meals and our Senior Center clients are getting emergency meals delivered to their homes.
- In keeping with the local, state and national recommendations, our I-Ride transportation program has been suspended for two weeks and until further notice. This includes fixed routes, medical rides, and appointment scheduling for medical rides.
- Social programming, including Senior Companions, has transitioned to telephone outreach, and the importance of our Comfort Calls program has been elevated.
- Our health-related services—Medicare Benefits Counseling, Options Counseling, and Care Transitions—are now taking place by phone.
- All SSSEVA offices are closed to the public for in-person service. Our Resource Specialist can assess your needs over the phone: Call 757-461-9481, or 757-517-2904 for assistance in Franklin.
You can view the full list of changes here:
At this time, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at SSSEVA. The measures being taken are in the best interest of our seniors, employees, volunteers, and support personnel.
How You Can Help
Due to these unusual circumstances, we need your help now more than ever! We are proactively working on strategies to reach our seniors in the most effective way to continue to provide nutrition, companionship, and essential resources during this emerging pandemic.
But we cannot do this work without your support. Please consider supporting our efforts in any way you can.
Keeping the Senior Community Informed
Seniors in Our Community Depend On Us
We need your help now more than ever to provide nutrition, companionship, and essential resources to our seniors during this emerging pandemic.