Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia is actively working to ensure the health and safety of its seniors and staff across all of our services.
- We have implemented modified distribution models to provide food safely to seniors during this time. As a result, our Meals on Wheels clients are still receiving home-delivered meals, and our senior center clients are getting emergency meals delivered to their homes.
- In keeping with the local, state and national recommendations, our I-Ride transportation program has been suspended until further notice. This includes fixed routes, medical rides, and appointment scheduling for medical rides. We will provide rides to dialysis for our current dialysis clients.
- Social programming, including Senior Companions, has transitioned to telephone outreach, and the importance of our Comfort Calls program has been elevated.
- Our health-related services—Medicare Benefits Counseling, Options Counseling, and Care Transitions—are now taking place by phone.
- All SSSEVA offices are closed to the public for in-person service. Our Resource Specialist can assess your needs over the phone: Call 757-461-9481, or 757-517-2904 for assistance in Franklin.
You can view the full list of changes here:
At this time, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at SSSEVA. The measures being taken are in the best interest of our seniors, employees, volunteers, and support personnel.
How You Can Help
Due to these unusual circumstances, we need your help now more than ever! We are proactively working on strategies to reach our seniors in the most effective way to continue to provide nutrition, companionship, and essential resources during this emerging pandemic.
But we cannot do this work without your support. Please consider supporting our efforts in any way you can.
Keeping the Senior Community Informed
Seniors in Our Community Depend On Us
We need your help now more than ever to provide nutrition, companionship, and essential resources to our seniors during this emerging pandemic.