Thank you for your cooperation during this critical time. It is important that we stay united as a community to take the necessary precautions to control the spread of COVID-19. We will continue to work hard to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our senior community.
- Our current Meals on Wheels clients are still receiving home-delivered meals. Our volunteers are providing contactless delivery to ensure the safety of our clients.
- Our Senior Center clients are getting emergency meals delivered to their homes; with socialization and wellness checks by phone.
- Evidence-Based Program: We have classes being implemented remotely. Each program has a workbook/tool-kit that is mailed directly to the registered participant and the programs are lead by our certified leaders.
- In keeping with the local, state, and national recommendations, our I-Ride transportation program remains suspended until further notice. This includes fixed routes, medical rides, and on-demand response transit rides. We are continuing to transport our current dialysis clients to their life-saving dialysis treatments.
- Social programming, including Senior Companions, has transitioned to telephone outreach, and the importance of our Comfort Calls program has been elevated.
- Our health-related services—Medicare Benefits Counseling, Options Counseling, and Care Transitions—are taking place by phone.
- All Senior Services offices are closed to the public for in-person service. Our Resource Specialists can assess your needs over the phone: Call 757-461-9481, or 757-517-2904 for assistance in Franklin.