COVID Vaccine Resources
How to Register for the Vaccine
Virginia has moved to a centralized pre-registration system called Vaccinate Virginia. All pre-registrations are supposed to carry over to this new system. Below is a centralized call number:
Talk to someone
- Main web page for Vaccinate Virginia: https://vaccinate.virginia.gov/
- Sign up for free COVID-19 vaccine & check your pre-registration status: https://vaccinate.virginia.gov/preregister.html
- Learn More about Vaccination in Virginia: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine/
- How do I know if I’m already pre-registered for a vaccine? Check the list here: https://vax.preregister.virginia.gov/#/search
Support for People Experiencing Anxiety or Stress
Anyone experiencing anxiety or stress related to COVID-19 may call or text VA COPES, a free and confidential COVID-19 response warmline, at: 877-349-6428
- Mon-Fri 9:00am to 9:00pm
- Sat – Sun. 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Spanish speakers are available.
Assistance with Vaccine Pre-Registration
At this time, Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia’s Resource Specialists are happy to provide Phase 1b eligible individuals with SARS-CoV-2 vaccine pre-registration information and assistance. To help seniors and caregivers without access to the internet, the Resource Specialists can provide the most current telephone number for their city or county health departments where they can call to pre-register for the vaccination. They can also assist with online pre-registration, if necessary. Those seniors or caregivers who do have an e-mail address and access to the internet will be provided with the most current link to pre-register. Please be aware that some cities are requiring individuals to have an email address. Qualified persons needing information or assistance should call 757-461-9481.
From February 10-26, City of Norfolk employees will be assisting Norfolk residents with Phase 1b eligibility to pre-register for the vaccine. Please see the attached flyer for the various locations. Phase 1b includes these individuals: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine/#phase1b.
- Berkley Neighborhood Multi-Service Center (121 W. Liberty Street)
- Vivian C. Mason Technology/Teen Center (700 E Olney Road)
- Sherwood Forest Recreation Center (4537 Little John Drive)
- Norfolk Fitness & Wellness Center (7300 Newport Avenue)
- Park Place Multi-Purpose Center (606 W. 29th Street)
- East Ocean View Recreation Center (9520 E. 20th Bay Street)
Download the flyer here: Norfolk Senior Vaccine Flyer
Transportation to Vaccine Appointments **Limited**
Beginning Tuesday, Feb. 16, Seniors Services will be scheduling limited transportation for individuals who live in South Hampton Roads or in the Western Tidewater region who have a confirmed appointment, but no means of getting to the vaccine site. We are advising that once someone has a confirmed appointment, they should call 757-222-4513 Southside, in Western Tidewater please call 757-516-8556 to check on the availability for a ride.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information Fliers
The Virginia Board for People with Disabilities has provided three new fact sheets, developed in conjunction with the Partnership for People with Disabilities ad the Arc of Virginia, regarding safety information about coronavirus vaccines for people with disability, including safety, how to receive the vaccine, and what to expect after you get it.