COVID Vaccine Resources
How to Register for the Vaccine
Virginia has moved to a centralized pre-registration system called Vaccinate Virginia. All pre-registrations are supposed to carry over to this new system. Below is a centralized call number:
Talk to someone
- Main web page for Vaccinate Virginia: https://vaccinate.virginia.gov/
- Sign up for free COVID-19 vaccine & check your pre-registration status: https://vaccinate.virginia.gov/preregister.html
- Learn More about Vaccination in Virginia: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine/
- How do I know if I’m already pre-registered for a vaccine? Check the list here: https://vax.preregister.virginia.gov/#/search
Support for People Experiencing Anxiety or Stress
Anyone experiencing anxiety or stress related to COVID-19 may call or text VA COPES, a free and confidential COVID-19 response warmline, at: 877-349-6428
- Mon-Fri 9:00am to 9:00pm
- Sat – Sun. 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Spanish speakers are available.
Assistance with Vaccine Pre-Registration
Senior Services’ Resource Specialists are available to provide eligible individuals with vaccine pre-registration information and assistance. To help older adults and caregivers without access to the internet, the Resource Specialists can provide the telephone number for Vaccinate Virginia where they can call to pre-register for the vaccination. They can also assist with online pre-registration, if necessary. Qualified persons needing information or assistance should call 757-461-9481.
Transportation to Vaccine Appointments **Limited**
Senior Services is providing transportation to vaccine clinics and doctor’s appointments. Older adults and persons with disabilities should call 757-222-4513 Southside or 757-516-8556 in Western Tidewater to check on the availability for a ride.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information Fliers
The Virginia Board for People with Disabilities has provided three new fact sheets, developed in conjunction with the Partnership for People with Disabilities ad the Arc of Virginia, regarding safety information about coronavirus vaccines for people with disability, including safety, how to receive the vaccine, and what to expect after you get it.