In keeping with the local, state, and national recommendations, Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia has implemented the following changes to our program operations.
The options below have been updated to reflect operations as of July 1, 2020. Please read carefully.
- I-Ride Medical Rides: All I-Ride medical rides will be out of service until further notice. Appointments for future medical rides will not be accepted or scheduled during this time.
- I-Ride Fixed Routes: All I-Ride fixed routes in Franklin, Smithfield and Norfolk are out of service until further notice.
- All SSSEVA offices are closed to the public for in-person service. Our Resource Specialist can assess your needs over the phone and connect you with SSSEVA’s Options Counselors and other resources you may need. Call 757-461-9481.
- For assistance in Franklin at the Hayden Village Center, you may call Anne Williams at 757-517-2904.
Center for Aging
- Options Counseling and Care Transitions will be available by phone appointment only. Until further notice, there will be no home or office visits. Call 757-461-9481, Option 6 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
- Medicare Benefits Counseling for residents of Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth and Virginia Beach are available by phone and via Zoom. Appointments are necessary. Please contact Bonnie Dozier on the Benefits hotline at 757-222-4524 or email her at email@example.com.
- Medicare Benefits Counseling in Franklin, Suffolk, Isle of Wight and Southampton Counties will be available by phone appointment only. Please contact Sam Mizelle at 757-925-4255 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Until further notice, Senior Companions will contact clients by phone in lieu of home visits.
We have implemented modified distribution models to provide food safely to seniors during this time.
- Meals on Wheels: Current Meals on Wheels clients are still receiving home-delivered meals.
- Congregate Meals: While our congregate sites are closed, nutritional support will be provided through SSSEVA’s Emergency Meal Program, as well as socialization through phone contact calls and wellness checks.
- Evidence-Based Program: We have classes being implemented remotely for July through November. Each program has a workbook/tool-kit that is mailed directly to the registered participant and the programs are lead by our certified leaders. For more information, see Evidence-Based Wellness Classes.
At this time, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at SSSEVA. The measures being taken are in the best interest of our seniors, employees, volunteers, and support personnel.
Keeping Seniors and Caregivers Informed
SSSEVA is actively addressing the specific needs of older adults, aged 60+, during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are updating our website and Facebook page as new information is confirmed.