2020 Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program
Virginia’s Farm Market Fresh for Seniors Program provides $45
worth of FREE checks to help eligible senior citizens buy fresh, nutritious,
locally grown produce, as well as supports local farmers and farmers markets.
The process for the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program vouchers is different this year due to COVID-19. If you or a loved one are interested in receiving the vouchers this year, here is the new process:
1. Print out an application, proxy form, and quick form.
2. Fill out and return to:
Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia
c/o Wellness Department
6350 Center Drive, Suite 101
Norfolk, VA 23502
3. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, there will be no onsite distribution of coupon books this year. Once your forms are received, if eligibility is met, we will mail the coupon books (with the overview of the program/how to use the coupons, list of local farmer's markets, and nutritional information). If found ineligible, we will mail an ineligibility form. This is still a first come first serve basis.
You may be eligible to receive $5 checks worth $45 if you...
- Meet the program’s income requirements by certifying a monthly income of no more than $1,595/month for a single-person household or $2,155/month for a two-person household
- Are 60 years of age or older and can present a photo ID (verification of birthdate & residence)
- Are a resident of Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, Suffolk, Franklin, Isle of Wight County, or Southampton County
- Do not live in the same household and are not an immediate family member of the farmer who grows the produce
Seniors in Our Community Depend On Us
We need your help now more than ever to provide nutrition, companionship, and essential resources to our seniors during this emerging pandemic.