Your annual fund gift will help to protect SSSEVA’s ability to provide for the needs of vulnerable senior adults—including those with disabilities living right here in Hampton Roads and Western Tidewater. Our Annual Fund supplements state, federal, and other private funding sources.
Your support means that we can provide more meals to hungry seniors and more hours of in-home care to those elderly who are confined to their homes, transport more seniors who can no longer drive to medical appointments, and offer more hours of respite care to family caregivers, friendly visitors, and advocacy.
- $25 can provide a round-trip I-Ride to a medical appointment
- $35 can provide one week of Meals on Wheels
- $50 can provide three hours of personal care
- $75 can provide three clients with five days of shelf-stable meals to have available in case of a severe storm or another emergency
- $100 of emergency fund money can pay a utility bill
- $125 can provide 25 luncheon meals at a local senior nutrition center
- $250 can help a family plan for long-term care needs
- $500 can provide six months of respite care by a senior companion
Contributions to Senior Services are tax-deductible and gifts over $500.00 may qualify for enhanced tax credits through the Virginia Neighborhood Assistance Act Program (NAP). NAP tax credits are realized when the donor files a Virginia state income tax return.
For more information about the impact of your Annual Fund gift and to learn more about other opportunities for giving, please contact Debbie Schwartz, Director of Development and Community Relations, email@example.com, or call 757-222-4520.