Meals on Wheels America has promoted March for Meals each March since 2002. Meals on Wheels programs like SSSEVA's come together to celebrate this proven collaboration of local community organizations, businesses, all levels of government and compassionate individuals to ensure that our seniors are not forgotten. By volunteering, donating or speaking out, you can ensure the seniors in your neighborhood can live more healthy, happy and independent lives at home, where they want to be. Read more about March for Meals on Meals on Wheels America's website and check out the March for Meals events at SSSEVA in 2019!
As we approach March, we'll be promoting ways you or your group can volunteer and get involved! Some common activities include:
- Delivering or serving meals at our Wellness Centers
- Hosting a fundraising event - in the past we've partnered with California Pizza Kitchen
- Speaking out on social media - we'll be posting links and ideas for you on SSSEVA's Facebook and Twitter accounts you can share!
Sign up to volunteer for March for Meals now:
- Login to your profile at MyImpactPage.com
- Click the blue "Opportunity Calendar" tab and go to November
- Click on the "March for Meals" --- this will open a pop-up window
- Click on "Sign up"
Want to become a volunteer?
All questions can be directed to Kelley Russo at 757-222-4522 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seniors in Our Community Depend On Us
We need your help now more than ever to provide nutrition, companionship, and essential resources to our seniors during this emerging pandemic.