Each year we provide shelf-stable meals to seniors who receive Meals on Wheels in our service area and are at risk during emergency situations.
These Emergency Preparedness Meals are for the seniors to put in their pantry in case their regularly delivered meals are missed due to emergency weather like hurricanes or winter storms. As you know hurricanes and winter storms can shut down our cities in this region easily!
As safety is a concern, some seniors can have interrupted service in these events, so we want to make sure they don't go hungry in these cases. We need your help to make all these deliveries---we had over 700 meals delivered to seniors June 2018!
Check out our pictures from last year’s event: https://www.ssseva.org/gallery/index/album/id/24/
When: Monday through Friday, June 10-14, 2019
- Volunteers pick up the meals with route instructions at Senior Services Office between 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Deliver the meals to the seniors at home within 24 hours of picking up the meals. (Delivery of the meals is during daylight hours. This may mean your pickup is one day and you deliver the next day.
Volunteers and groups can sign up for this event now. If you'd like to become a volunteer with Senior Services, please fill out an online volunteer application today.
New volunteer groups: we have an online group application for you!
Sign up to volunteer for the Emergency Preparation Meal Deliveries:
- Login to your profile at MyImpactPage.com
- Click the blue "Opportunities" tab
- Click on the "Winter Emergency Preparation Meal Deliveries" --- this will open a pop-up window
- Click on "Sign up" for the dates you'd like to volunteer
- Contact Kelley Russo if you have any questions or run into issues.
While you're there, check out the other opportunities you can get involved in and sign up for what meets your schedule and interests!
All questions can be directed to Kelley Russo at 757-222-4522 or firstname.lastname@example.org.