Effective immediately, Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia is implementing the following changes to our program operations. Please read carefully.
- I-Ride Medical Rides: All I-Ride medical rides will be out of service for two weeks until further notice. Appointments for future medical rides will not be accepted or scheduled during this time.
- I-Ride Fixed Routes: All I-Ride fixed routes in Franklin, Smithfield and Norfolk are out of service for two weeks, until further notice.
- All SSSEVA offices are closed to the public for in-person service. Our Resource Specialist can assess your needs over the phone and connect you with SSSEVA’s Options Counselors and other resources you may need. Call 757-461-9481.
- For assistance in Franklin, you may call Anne Williams at 757-517-2904
Center for Aging
- Options Counseling, Medicare Benefits Counseling and Care Transitions will be available by phone appointment only. Until further notice, there will be no home or office visits.
- Medicare Benefits Counseling in Franklin, Suffolk, Isle of Wight and Southampton Counties will be available by phone appointment only. Please contact Sam Mizelle at 757-925-4255 for more information.
- Until further notice, Senior Companions will contact clients by phone in lieu of home visits.
We have partnered with Mercy Chefs, the YMCA, and the FoodBank to implement modified distribution models to provide food safely to seniors.
- Meals on Wheels: Current Meals on Wheels clients will still receive home-delivered meals.
- Congregate Meals: All congregate sites are closed for 30 days tentatively. This includes transportation services to congregate meal sites. Nutritional support will be provided through SSSEVA's Emergency Meal Program, as well as socialization through phone contact calls and wellness checks.
- Evidence-Based Program: All workshops are postponed for 30 days tentatively.
At this time, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at SSSEVA. The measures being taken are in the best interest of our seniors, employees, volunteers, and support personnel.
Keeping Seniors and Caregivers Informed
SSSEVA is actively addressing the specific needs of older adults, aged 60+, during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are updating our website and Facebook page as new information is confirmed.
Seniors in Our Community Depend On Us
We need your help now more than ever to provide nutrition, companionship, and essential resources to our seniors during this emerging pandemic.