Changes to Classes During COVID-19
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have shifted classes to a remote learning format until further notice.
We have Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP) being implemented remotely for May and June. This program has a workbook/tool-kit that is mailed directly to the registered participant and the programs are lead by our certified leaders.
About the Program:
Learn how to better manage your chronic condition (high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, depression, etc.) with friendly supportive people sharing their experiences.
- Discover better nutrition and exercise choices
- Find practical ways to deal with pain and fatigue
- Understand new treatment choices
- Make a step-by-step plan to improve your health and life
- Meet friendly, supportive people sharing their experiences
- This evidence-based program was developed at Stanford University
Group meets once a week for 2 hours for 6 weeks. Space is limited; registration is required.
Chronic Disease Self-Management is held:
- April 6th - May 11th from 1PM - 3PM (Remote Learning)
- June 1st to July 6th 2020 (Telephonic Learning – Time TBD)
- June 3rd to July 8th 2020 (Telephonic Learning – Time TBD)
- June 18th to July 23rd 2020 (Telephonic Learning – Time TBD)
- June 23rd to July 28th 2020 (Telephonic Learning – Time TBD)
- August 18th to September 22nd 2020 (Telephonic Learning – Time TBD)
Please call for more information 757-963-9209.
To host a workshop, or for more information, call Crystal Bynum at 757-963-9209.
June 3rd to July 8th 2020 (Telephonic Learning – Time TBD)
Seniors in Our Community Depend On Us
We need your help now more than ever to provide nutrition, companionship, and essential resources to our seniors during this emerging pandemic.