Please watch this video for an important message from our CEO Steve Zollos on how Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia is serving seniors during this COVID-19 crisis. We care deeply about supporting our senior community and we’re here to help.
To Our Seniors:
We are here to serve you during this challenging time. We want to ensure your essential needs are met and encourage you to call us at (757) 461-9481. Our phone lines are open, and our resource specialists are ready to assist you with questions and support. If we can’t help you directly, we will connect you to other organizations that can.
- Our current Meals on Wheels clients are still receiving home-delivered meals. Our volunteers are using social distancing methods when delivering meals, and don't enter the home to drop off the food.
- Our Senior Center clients are getting emergency meals delivered to their homes; with socialization and wellness checks by phone.
- In keeping with the local, state and national recommendations, our I-Ride transportation program has been suspended until further notice. This includes fixed routes, medical rides, and appointment scheduling for medical rides. We will provide rides to dialysis for our current dialysis clients.
- Social programming, including Senior Companions, has transitioned to telephone outreach, and the importance of our Comfort Calls program has been elevated.
- Our health-related services—Medicare Benefits Counseling, Options Counseling, and Care Transitions—are now taking place by phone.
The safety and wellbeing of our seniors, staff, and support personnel is our top priority. Health experts have stated that by adhering to the Stay at Home Order, avoiding public areas and crowded places, and maintaining social distancing, we can stop or drastically slow the spread of COVID-19 throughout our community.
We are providing updates almost daily to our website and Facebook page as new information is confirmed. Check back here frequently to be kept up-to-date on how our organization, region, and state can help.
Thank you for your cooperation during this critical time. It is important that we stay united as a community to take the necessary precautions to control the spread of COVID-19. We will continue to work hard to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our senior community.
Seniors in Our Community Depend On Us
We need your help now more than ever to provide nutrition, companionship, and essential resources to our seniors during this emerging pandemic.