Special Project Volunteers
Senior Services has a variety of opportunities for individuals and community service groups who are interested in lending a helping hand, the benefit of professional expertise or individual talents.
- Volunteer at Senior Services’ office in Norfolk
- Website management or data base projects
- Special event coordination and on-site event assistance.
- Help with special project mailings
- Volunteer for Senior Services in collaboration with the Virginia Beach SPCA to prepare and deliver pet food to homebound seniors and adults with disabilities who themselves receive home-delivered meals.
- Volunteer alongside Virginia Beach SPCA paid staff and volunteers visiting specific senior centers to provide education and advice about pet care.
- Volunteer to deliver meals and shelf staple food items to homebound and isolated seniors, or drive them to medical appointments. Many of these people have no one else to help.
- Become an Ombudsman volunteer and advocate for seniors and persons with disabilities who live in area nursing homes and other community facilities.
- Train to become a Benefits counselor and help seniors apply for the benefits they are entitled to by law.
- Volunteer at area senior centers, helping out with daily activities, by leading games, or assisting with special events.
- Train with Senior Services to become a Chronic Disease Self Management and Diabetes Self Management Leader.
Individuals and small groups who are interested in pursuing a volunteer opportunity, can click here to complete an initial volunteer application, or call Debbie Schwartz at 757-222-4520.
|Choose to help seniors in the Hampton Roads community when you give to the United Way at work. Write in Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia on your United Way “Combined Charities Campaign” form; #5065 on your “Commonwealth of Virginia” campaign form; or #47980 on your “Combined Federal Campaign” form.