When you need a ride, I-Ride Transit can get you there.
I-Ride Transit is the transportation brand of Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia, providing accessible transportation options in metro Hampton Roads and Western Tidewater.
I-Ride Transit offers fixed routes, medical transportation, Paratransit and on-demand response transit. Our experienced drivers will be happy to drive you to medical and therapy appointments, local wellness and senior centers, adult day care centers, shopping and more.
Senior Services partners with other local organizations that provide transportation as well – so if we can’t get you there ourselves, we’ll coordinate your needs with another service provider.
Medical Rides - (For seniors 60+ and individuals with disabilities)
If you need a ride to a doctor or other medical transportation, please call ahead to schedule.
- In Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, call (757) 222-4513
- In Franklin, Suffolk, Isle of Wight and surrounding Western Tidewater area, call (757) 516-8556
- Office hours are Mon- Fri, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Rides are qualified based on customer’s age, Medicaid recipient or not, and other criteria.
- A voluntary contribution of $4 is suggested for non-Medicaid qualified riders.
Fixed and Semi-Fixed Routes/Shopping Routes
I-Ride Transit provides rides via fixed and semi-fixed routes in Smithfield (Isle of Wight County), Franklin, and Norfolk follow a specified route with scheduled stops and times.
- Open to the general public new fares beginning July 1, 2014
- Children 4 and under ride free, accompanied by an adult
- Children 5-12 years old, fare: $.50
- Senior citizens 60 or older, fare: $1.00
- 12 - 59, fare: $1.50
- Limit two carry-on bags per customer
- Questions? Call the Senior Services’ Transportation Department at (757) 222-4513 in Norfolk and (757) 516-8556 in Franklin and Smithfield for more information.
For routes and schedules: All items are in PDF format:
MAPS: I-Ride Transit Smithfield Schedule
MAPS: I-Ride Transit Franklin/Surrounding Areas
Wards Corner I-Ride Transit Information and Schedule
I-Ride Transit Schedules for Holidays – Calendar Year 2015
Demand Response Routes (in Western Tidewater)
I-Ride Transit demand-response routes provide round-trip service during scheduled hours to the Franklin Walmart from your home in Boykins/Branchville/Newsoms, Courtland and Hunterdale/Sedley.
- To schedule (at least 24 hours ahead), call Senior Services’ Franklin office at (757) 516-8556
- Cost to ride - $1 per ride
- Open to the general public, 12 and under ride free, must be accompanied by an adult.
- Boykins/Branchville/Newsoms: Tuesdays 10 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Courtland: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1 - 3 p.m.
- Hunterdale/Sedley: Thursdays 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1 - 3 p.m.
I-Ride Transit demand-response routes provide round-trip service during scheduled hours to the Western Tidewater Free Clinic from your home in Franklin
- Mondays 10:00 a. m.- 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays 2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Thursdays 2:00- 4:30 p.m.
I-Ride Transit demand-response routes provide round-trip service during the following scheduled hours to the Ivor Medical Center from your home in Smithfield.
- Thursdays, only 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Suffolk Paratransit Transportation
In the city of Suffolk only, I-Ride Transit provides Paratransit rides for individuals with disabilities and the infirm elderly.
- All riders must be qualified by the Senior Services Paratransit scheduler, and certified according to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines to be able to use this service. (We can certify you.)
- Service is offered in a fixed geographic area in Suffolk, located within three quarters of a mile of the Virginia Regional Transportation (VRT) service routes. Senior Service operates the same hours and days as VRT. Click here to visit Suffolk Transit routes and schedule times.
- Cost per ride is $3. The qualified rider may be accompanied by a companion at no extra fee.
- Call (757) 963-9227 to learn more about qualifications and/or to schedule a ride.
- Click here to download our informational flyer.
Wellness Center Transportation
- Senior Services provides on-demand round-trip rides for seniors 60+ to Wellness Centers in metro Hampton Roads and Western Tidewater.
- Rides are available for qualifying seniors based on age, location and available seating.
- A voluntary $1 contribution is suggested each way.
- This transportation is available several times a week and is dependent on individual wellness center schedules. *Click here for Wellness Center information.
- Call (757)222-4513 to schedule I-Ride Transit to Wellness Centers in Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, and Virginia Beach.
- Call (757) 516-8556 to schedule I-Ride Transit to Wellness Centers in Western Tidewater.
I-Ride Compliment/Complaint Form
Title VI Complaint Form
Title VI Compliance: Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia is committed to ensuring that no person age 60 or more is excluded from participation in or denied the benefits of its services on the basis of race, color or national origin, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1064. For more information or to file a complaint, call us at 757-222-4527 or write SSSEVA c/o: Safety and Compliance Officer, 6350 Center Drive, Bldg. 5, #101, Norfolk, VA 23502.
If information is needed in another language, contact 757-222-4527. Para más información en español llame 757-222-4527.
A complainant may also file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration c/o: Office of Civil Rights, Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor-TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590. If information is needed in another language, contact 757-222-4527.
|Choose to help seniors in the Hampton Roads community when you give to the United Way at work. Write in Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia on your United Way “Combined Charities Campaign” form; #5065 on your “Commonwealth of Virginia” campaign form; or #47980 on your “Combined Federal Campaign” form.